Tracking & Conversions
If you conducted extensive keyword research, organized your ad groups effectively and wrote high-quality, engaging ads that are performing well but haven’t set up conversion tracking, you’re setting yourself up to fail. We understand how important tracking conversions is to the overall success of your PPC marketing efforts. Conversion tracking is a major component of proper PPC management. Conversion tracking is a free AdWords feature that informs you when someone completes an action that is set up as a conversion. You can see when someone completes a purchase, signs up for your newsletter, fills out a form to get more information or takes some other desired action on your site.
The reason conversion tracking is so important is because it will tell you what is and is not helping your business. When you track conversions, you will know which ads, campaigns and keywords are most effective. This information will help you choose the right places to invest, and ultimately, increase your return on investment (ROI). In addition to learning where your campaigns are profitable, conversion tracking will also allow you to save more of your advertising budget by eliminating keyword phrases or placements that are not producing conversions. This will also allow you to invest that part of your budget into the keyword phrases or placements that have proved to be profitable.
In this section, you will learn about the five main components of Tracking & Conversions:
- AdWords Conversion Tracking: Learn more in-depth information about why conversion tracking is essential to the success of your AdWords campaigns and find a step-by-step guide on how to set up conversion tracking.
- Types of Conversions: There are several types of conversions of which you should be aware. It’s important to become familiar the different kinds of conversions in order to understand how and when your customers are making a purchase, filling out forms, etc.
- Conversion Attributes: After you understand the different types of conversions, you will learn about the various conversion attributes that are associated with each conversion. This will help you make educated decisions about bids, tracking CPA and know the overall ROI of your campaign(s).
- Google Analytics: This useful tool provides valuable metrics that inform you about the actions your customers take while on your site after clicking on your ad. Google Analytics tracks all of the traffic your website receives.
- Alternative Analytics Tracking: In many cases, you might need additional analytics tracking programs. Learn when you may need alternative analytics programs, which programs are available and which might be most useful for your business.
Next, learn more about Types of Conversions.